Sunday, June 8, 2008

Droplets, Bubbles and Such





The morning was waiting for us to come in and take a dive.




Unfortunately, both of the big kids have had ear infections this week.

So, the day progressed and I got quite a bit accomplished. Amazing the quiet when people just don't feel well.


As I was doing dishes, I was a bit grumpity (as Junie B. Jones would put it) because the arm on my brand new dishwasher got burned and therefore, requires me to do dishes by hand. Thoughts of calling the warranty people over there at Frigidaire lingered in my mind, but since these dishes weren't going anywhere, I scrub-a-dubbed away. Well, it could be worse, I thought. At least there is green apple Palmolive. Something, if I were a pioneer (in the Little House on the Prairie kind of way), just would not exist. Okay, it could be worse and look at this. It's a new bottle and everytime I squeeze it, tiny bubbles parade out of it and into the air. So, thankful that I do not have to make soap, I finish my washing. As, I am rinsing the last dish, I notice something. A single bubble that has managed to make its way onto my dishtowel. I continued with the chores (the fish tank was next on my list) and marvelled at the way that it hasn't popped.


Meghan and I went on a trip to the dollar store in search of things to put into our "Ocean" dioramas. Though you can't tell, this is one of the smallest lizards we've seen lately (and boy, do we have lizards everywhere these days).














We also took a moment to stop and notice the flowers on the tree right next to the front door. Now, this tree's branches droop, stoop and annoy anytime that it rains. Lucky for it, it has beautiful flowers.
















No comments: