A strange thought occurred to me today as I was driving home-- how people leave a residue on you. Good, bad.... no matter, it's there.
I just finished up the school year. Officially. I cleaned and packed my room; returned all of my teacher materials; and turned in my grades, lesson plans, and keys. Officially d-o-n-e.
In retrospect, I had a terrific year. All but two of my *at risk* students are on level and definitely ready to be second graders. Those two, well, there are not words nor paperwork or any authority that can help them. I tried and that's that.
What didn't go so well is my acclimation to my new team, or lack thereof, and now I am trying to shake myself of this negative residue. I have never in my life worked with such a group. Obnoxious tattletales that grip the world with their flashcards. GOOD RIDDANCE, I say and try to believe in karma because goodness knows behaving like that won't get you far.
Deep breath.... let it go.
I want to tell them
10 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment