Monday, December 14, 2009

Waiting

There's nothing like waiting. Today, I was waiting to hear back from my doctor's office regarding my HCG levels. The results were supposed to be back Friday, but we were at Disney World celebrating Jacob's tenth birthday. Who really wants to know if they are really pregnant or not in the middle of the happiest place on earth? Well, not me and since I was not cramping or bleeding, I decided not to call at all and enjoy the time with my family.

So, I call today. Get the nurses voicemail. We had to go out to the UPS store to get my presents in the mail and since I needed help carrying it all, Bob came and wasn't home to answer the phone. Of course, this is when they decided to call me back, they leave a message and hubby calls them back and gets no where. I later listen to the message where she says that she needs me to "Please spell your name and we ususally give OB results at the next appointment". Now it's official. I am dealing with the Nurse of the Year. You know, I am calling to see if we even need that next appointment DUMDUM. Besides that the nurse practioner said I could call Friday at 1pm for my results. So get offf your hiney and LOOK FOR THEM. I know, I know... if you could spell my name. Real hard... it starts with a hard "K" sound. Hard stuff I know... figuring out if it's "K" or a "Q". GEEESH.

I call back about 4 o'clock and get the doctor's answering service. Odd... I know she's still open?!

So, I wait. I am comforted by the fact that I could cry at any moment, my poor boobies are sore, that I am not cramping or bleeding. I go in to the lab tomorrow for a repeat of the test. I am hoping that they will be able to give me my results.

Or maybe... I just get to wait some more.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I saw your comment on my blog today - I had not seen your blog or heard your story before. I'm so sorry about your sweet baby boy, and I am hopeful for you!

You mentioned how we are connected because of the Petrified Forest. Well, I am assuming since you went to Disney for the day that you live in Central FL, and we do too! We live in Brevard County. It is a small world. :)