We're 36 weeks today. I am so excited to finally be able to meet this little guy (and I know my family will finally be relieved when I do so I can name him). I'm also horribly nervous too. The "What Ifs" sometimes win in my mind and I still wonder if I'll get to bring home a healthy baby or not. This is despite being able to see his chubbby bubby face every 4 days when I go in for my NST/AFIs.
And doc seems really happy with our progress too. My blood pressures are well within normal ranges, I haven't gained any weight since I had that visit with my mean doctor in FL, I don't have gestational diabetes (something that the mean doctor also thought I would get). Just a plain ol' boring pregnancy. And I like it like that!!!
I have been having contractions off and on for the last week (or so... who can really tell them from Braxton Hicks at the beginning?!). So, on Monday when doc asked me if I wanted her to check me, I said "Yup". I was 70% effaced and "fingertip" dialted. Now, I know I could walk around like this forever... well, until the August 4th c-section date, but I never made progress like this with the other kids and they all came at 37/38 weeks. Being 36 today and having a couple contrations last night prompted me to finish another load of baby laundry. Just in case.
I want to tell them
10 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment