Today was a demonstration of how this whole staying at home mommie thing is going to be harder than I thought.
We dropped off the big kids at their first day of school. Littlest sis was a little concerned because her "Bup Bup" and "Nen Nen" weren't coming home with us. She asked for them all day long.
We had planned on walking after we dropped them off, but it was raining so we headed to breakfast instead. We sat down at a table next to a table of women whose numbers kept growing. Apparently, they had all dropped off their kids at school and were meeting for breakfast themselves. I realize that this must be a whole 'nother side to the whole staying at home mommie thing. To me, they are now a kid free stay at home mom. Humph.
After we leave, I tell my dear husband about my observations and concern that I am not part of a group like that. He tells me, "You're 36 now. A good ten years older than they are". At least, this is what I think I heard him say. "You have a 4th grader". That I did hear him say. No matter because at that moment, I wanted to be at that table. I wanted to have been where they were the moment they met, to be a part of that group, that easy conversation.
Yeah, this is going to be harder than I thought. I have to remind myself that I have goals. For myself, for my family. No where in there did I think that I needed to have goals about making friends and joining mommie groups whose mommies are too young to relate to me. My old woman self.
I want to tell them
10 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment