We are officially 26 weeks today. I cannot believe it. This last month has been a crazy whirlwind of moving, unpacking and trying to get settled.
Rebekah and I made our flight on John's birthday. It made for one busy day that kept my mind mostly occupied. I still think it's sort of ironic that we made the move to our new life on that particular day.
The rest of the gang came in the following days. All were exhausted from their drive, but they, the pets, and all of our belongings made it safely.
My youngest sister found the house that we are renting and it's literally over the mountains and through the woods of East San Diego. She must know us well though, because it has a HUGE 1/3 acre yard and kitchen (lots of pets, kids and cousins need space to play and I need space to cook for them all!!!). It's about 700 sq. ft. smaller than our other house and I LOVE that about it. I can literally plug in my vacuum and make it through the entire house without unplugging the thing. And, NO STAIRS either-- which strangely makes me even more happy when I think about the upcoming c-section and how the last time, I wasn't allowed to climb the stairs to my own bed. This time... I get my own bed. WOOT WOOT!!! LOL!!!
We decided to homeschool the kids for the remainder of the year. The kids in Florida get out of school in 2 1/2 weeks and the kids here don't until the middle of June. They had already done their state testing in FL and I really didn't want to put them in a new school to do it all over again. Then again, let's face it that I know how to do the job (it's my career after all) and the freedom that it gives us with the daddy's crazy overnight schedule just can't be beat. So far, so good.
As far as the baby in the belly goes, we are doing okay and are due for a doctor's appointment. Our old insurance went through April 30th and the new one started May 1st. Well, in theory anyways. I am sure if something went horribly wrong, I could head down to the hospital and they would figure out the insurance part later. It's just that the insurance is with hubby's new work Keiser Permanente. Keiser, being an HMO, does everything in house and once you are in the system, you're good to go. It's just taking longer than I want it to to get in the system. Gurrr.
So, there's the update. We're still unpacking and adjusting to life with my crazy family, but I think it was the right choice for us.
I want to tell them
10 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment