Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Finally Nesting

My sisters took me shopping this weekend because I needed a new outfit to wear to my baby shower on the 27th. They are hosting it and are so giddy with joy to be able to do so, I went along no problem. It turned into somewhat of an episode from "What Not to Wear" between my youngest sister figuring out, and then admonishing me, for wearing clothes that are a size too big. I'm a plus sized gal to begin with and so, it's been hard to find clothes that fit just right. But between the sisters and the salesgirl, I was properly outfitted with several new pieces of clothing. Not only did they all fit, my youngest sister bought. She snuck off with the salesgirl and slipped her the credit card while I was changing back into my clothes. Boy, am I spoiled!!!

So now, I have a pretty blouse to wear with new capris to the upcoming event of the year. They would be proud to know that I even went out and purchased brand new sandals too. All on my own. And all because I know that a pedicure to match my new blouse will be forthcoming.

And so, it began. The preparing for this baby. I can't say that we've decided on a name still and yet, the world did not come to a stand still when youngest sis sent out the shower invitations with "Please help us welcome a new baby boy" on them. Nope. It did not. But, I did manage to bribe my ten year old son to come shopping with me on Sunday (Chaotic cards and a blue raspberry Icee did the trick). We bought a bunch of totes to transfer most of the stuff from the cardboard boxes in the baby's room into, a box of vacuum space bags to help straighten out the linen closet, hangers for the daddy's clothes, and ten packages of baby wipes (all free thanks to a $2 off coupon!!!).

Last night after taking the kids and a big girl cousin to the beach to play and ride the rollercoaster for the very first time, we stayed up late and started going through more boxes. Putting away as much as possible with the little storage that we have. Today, we continued. I've rearranged book cases, shelves, and closets. All to give this little guy a space of his own and not something that looks like a storage area.

And all I can think is "WOW"... this little guy will be here, God willing, in just six to seven short weeks. Wow.

No comments: