I think I am related to a lost soul. I don't know how to help this person and though I have offered, I don't think they want my help anyways.
I see them struggling within their marriage, with the lack of career that they've not pursued, and with the children that they planned.
I cannot say what would change their minds about liking their partner or changing jobs, but I do know what would change their minds about being inconvenienced by their children.
If they knew the heartache that the loss of a child brings. If they knew what it was like to wake up in the middle of the night only to find the toilet paper stained with dark, red blood. Or, to go to the hospital where the ER doc "thought" they found a heartbeat. To leave the ER bed covered in blood. To be sent home with a prescription for pain meds and no hope that there would be a baby born alive. To sit on the toilet seat and feel that baby's head come out. To not have the courage to see or hold the life that was once inside of you.
To explain to your children where their baby had gone.
To go to the mortuary to make arrangements for your child.
To have to decide on a name different than the one you intended because you don't want to name a dead baby after a living uncle.
No. I don't know what will help this person. I only know what my heart has been through and if they could feel a fraction of what I have, I suspect that they wouldn't feel like their own children are such a burden.
I want to tell them
10 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment