Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Checkup

So, I went to the doctor's today.

"Did you get that labwork done?" was the secretary yesterday.

"Did you get that labwork done?" was the nurse today.

"Did you get that labwork done?" was the nurse practioner today.

Ok, for the third time I explain.... the doctor didn't want me to get the normal ob labwork done. I am special (am not sure when they are going to figure that one out!!! LOL!!!). I get to go to the lab and repeat all of the labwork that doc ordered after my loss in April. Yeah, so somewhere in my very near future is a repeat of those tests. Last time I counted the vials they took from me. There were 16 in all. The nurse practioner was probably thinking she was warning me by telling me not to look, but I am already well aware of what's to come.

I also found out that I have a good sized cyst on my left ovary. I figured as much. I've had pain there in previous months at about the time that I would have been ovulating. They comfirmed it on the ultrasound the other week. Doc says that it should be fine and that it's what is keeping me pregnant until 12 weeks. That everyone has them and they are different sizes. She seems to think it'll be fine. Then again, I had already asked the nurse practioner if doc would take it out during the c-section if it were still there. She said yes and I'm okay with that.

Most of this conversation is happening at the nurses' station because they called the doc to look at my file. I had gone in to see the nurse practioner, but her nurse must still be in training. Either that or I must just look shifty because she didn't believe me when I told her that the doc took my lab slip last week and didn't give me a new one. But, doc straightened all that out, gace me a new slip and told her secretary that I was only to be on her schedule.

They didn't try to listen to my belly for a heartbeat. I was a little disappointed, but since we are only ten weeks tomorrow, I am sure they would have had a little trouble locating it. It'll be easier to find in a month and I won't have to lie there on the table wondering why they can't find it.

I do have to go see my favorite fetal maternal specialist, Dr. B. She's a wonderfully laid back doctor. My blood pressure doesn't do wild things when I go to see her. It does, however, when I see her partner. Dr. Washington Carver. He's an intimidating man that talks to you in a voice like James Earl Jones. Talk about making someone's blood pressure rise. Get a talkin' to by that guy. Yup, that'll do it. So, I expressed my preference for my Dr B. and should get a call from her office by Monday to go and see her.

So, other than fighting off this lovely cold that my husband brought home, things are good. Ten weeks tomorrow. No bleeding, no cramping. All is lookin' good!!!

No comments: